Current Mission Address

Elder Dane Edward Eskildsen
Brazil Santa Maria Mission
Caixa Postal 0339

Centro Quarai-RS 97560-000
Brasil

(updated 1/13)

Monday, November 14, 2011

Made it to Brazil!!

Bom dia todo mundo!
Ou seja, boa tarde.

I am now officially in Brazil. Crazy stuff
took place last week (me recieving my VISA
and such) so I wasn´t able to write a post. I was
really sad to have to leave Prairie Grove, but now
I am in a better place: Uruguaiana! Yea I am chillin´
here in Uruguaiana with my new companion Elder
de Souza who hails from São Paulo. It´s legitimate.
He is pretty much fluent in english, so with our
languages combined we are able to communicate
very well.

I absolutely love it here! We got into Brasil at
around 8 in the morning Wednesday, and guess
who I encountered there?! Elder Lipps from my
district in the MTC, and Elder Josephsen from the
district that entered the MTC with us! I was and remain
to be stoked. We all spent the first few days in Santa
Maria doing introductory missionary stuff. (Like going
to the police station so we dont get deported).

I met my companion on Friday and that day we did
street contacts with another Elder who is one of the
secretaries in Santa Maria. It was awesome. We didnt
get to Uruguaiana until 6 in the morning on Saturday, but
we still had to wake up at 6:30 to get straight down to
business. We have taught a lot of lessons so far, and
I made sense of some of it. I have no trouble understanding
certain people, but at times the brazilians are very hard to
understand. Luckily I do fine communicating with most
people and only sound incoherent an average of half the
time. I still have got quite a bit to learn.

It hasn´t been (incredibly) hot here yet, but I have
been told that the worst is forthcoming. I don´t know how
I feel about that. Our apartment is pretty ghetto, but I
love it all the same. The people here have been really
great. (Or at least I assume they have, based on how
much I have understood thus far). They are really open to
hear the gospel, and we have a lot of glorious work ahead
of us. Things are quite different here, but I love it. I don´t
know much else to say, notwithstanding the fact that
there is bound to be so much more to say.

If you have written me a letter in the past few weeks
I probably received it in Arkansas or havent received it
yet. So do not fret if I dont reply in a timely fasion. I wasn´t
able to send anything from Arkansas, so if you wrote me
it may take a while to receive a reply. Disregarding all this,
I still would love to hear from all of you! Also we only are
given mail once ever transfer (which is like 1 time per 6 weeks)
So that will make the ´´mailing my friends and loved ones so
that they know I still acknowledge the fact that they exist´´
cycle a little bit slower.

That said, I hope that everyone is doing very well, and I wish
you all the best!
Até Mais!
-Elder Eskildsen

No comments:

Post a Comment