Current Mission Address

Elder Dane Edward Eskildsen
Brazil Santa Maria Mission
Caixa Postal 0339

Centro Quarai-RS 97560-000
Brasil

(updated 1/13)

Monday, January 9, 2012

January 9 2012

Dear people,
Hello. So, initiated by a bit of reflection, I realized that I have spent most of the time and room on this blog talking about funny experiences that I have had. I have also kept many of the spiritual experiences to a 
minimum because I realize that many of those who frequent this blog are not members of my faith. Ignoring the latter fact I would like everyone to be assured that there is a spiritual side to my mission here. In all reality my life here consists of scripture, teaching the gospel,and feeling the spirit. (For those of you whodon't know much about any of the things aforementioned, consult with one of your Mormon friends or the next missionaries you pass on the street.) I am so thankful for the opportunity that I have to be here teaching something that I not only believe, but know to be true. I have seen changes in the lives of
my investigators that can literally be classified as miracles. I love this work. 
     On a much more secular note, I saw this dog today that did not have a face. Like it literally,honest-to-goodness did. not. have. a. face. We passed this dog on the way to the chapel today and I have been freaking out about it ever since. Where its lips/ snout thing (Not sure whatto call that...nose maybe.) Should have been there was teeth. It was absolutely horrifying. Like a horror film. Whoa. 
    This last week has been quite good, but a bit slow because of everyones lack of desire to let us in or get out of bed before 9 in the morning so as to be able to go to church. We do have some
really awesome investigators though. There will be some awesome stuff happening in the next
week. I have enjoyed all of the letters that I have gotten and am in the process of responding to them at the moment. I am always disposed to receiving more letters! I hope you are all doing very well. Have a stupendous week.        -Elder Eskildsen

No comments:

Post a Comment