Current Mission Address

Elder Dane Edward Eskildsen
Brazil Santa Maria Mission
Caixa Postal 0339

Centro Quarai-RS 97560-000
Brasil

(updated 1/13)

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New Years

Feliz ano novo! 
   We had a pretty good new years here in Uruguiana as well. I spent the last several days with a mild cold, which only left me without the sense of taste or smell and only a minor deficiency in my life force. This week was also a difficult one in terms of teaching because, as it still is the holidays, no one is entirely disposed to let us in to teach them, but we still got some good lessons in. Right now we are teaching José still, who is in our vision to be baptized this month, and I know that he is ready, and has the desire, yet still has to change a few things. But that is why we are here, to help him make those changes. We are also teaching or fellowshipping rather, the father of one of the members in order to get him baptized. He has been investigating since 1994 or so,  and knows everything, but just needs a little push into the baptismal font. We have also started to teach an awesome family that seems receptive to the message, and I think that we can definitely get them baptized this month because they are awesome.  
     This wasnt exactly a week of monumentous teaching, but it was one of gratuitous amounts of food. Most of which I couldnt taste. I have eaten a lot of Churrasco this past week and lots of sweets as well. I would have enjyed it more if I wasnt quite so sick, but its pretty much all good now, so no problem. So I dont know exactly what to talk about  because I forgot my journal and cant manage to remember anything else that really happened here this past week. We only had one hour of church yesterday. Oh and they really let off a ton of fireworks in every city in brazil on new years eve here. And no one really goes to sleep. We did though. We had bought a lot of food tocelebrate, but given my sick frail condition I did not eat it. 
Oh, also I started reading Jesus the Christ by James E. Talmage which is an amazing book, and really helps to strengthen anyones testimony of Christ. It is an awesome book and beautifully written. It is helping me to better learn about Christ, his life, atonement, and role in my life. I love it. 
There is talk of the apocalypse in 2012  here but not a whole lot. At least that i remember. We as missionaries joke about it alot though. 
I have got some great goals set for this next year, and I hope y ou all do too! I love this work, this gospel, and mine and our savior Jesus Christ. Happy new year, I love you and hope that youre year has started and remains to be amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment