Current Mission Address

Elder Dane Edward Eskildsen
Brazil Santa Maria Mission
Caixa Postal 0339

Centro Quarai-RS 97560-000
Brasil

(updated 1/13)

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

September 20, 2011 Provo MTC

Hey all you people!

This has been a fairly alrightly marginal week. But really it was great!
I was sick again for most of this week, so I was in a state of frail stupor
for most days. Other than that I had a lot of fun learning how to proselyte a
and teach better.

We started doing fake street contacts this week, which I think is a lot of fun.
Especially since the Elders here wont send us away like most people will when
I'm out in the field. I'm getting better and better with the language, but I still
have no clue how to even talk about the weather. I could tell you all about the
restored gospel, but when it comes to rain.... Como se diz: "rain"?... Who knows.

This last week has been really pretty tiring as well. I am not ever going to be able
to get used to living this sedentary lifestyle. I may be developing something
analogous to bedsores from sitting in the most comfortable plastic chairs that
the MTC furnishers could find. It's really not that bad... sometimes we stand.
Notwithstanding the whole "lazyman" lifestyle, I have lost weight. Brace
yourselves for this. I have lost one whole pound. This is a superhuman feat
to say the least. Especially considering the fact so many others around me
are "bulking" up in the most gluttonous sense of the word. I could probably
stand to gain a bit though....

Anyway, after that diversion I'm not left with a ton of time. I feel like I have
not said a whole lot in this post, but at the same time there isn't a whole lot to
say. The MTC stays just as constant and static as does our schedule.
Therefore it sufficeth me to say that I am happy to be here at the MTC
being pumped full of knowledge of the gospel and all of the happiness
and tranquility that comes with living it.

I miss you all back home! I've enjoyed your letter, and, of course, keep
them coming! I hope you are all doing well!

-Elder Dane Edward Eskildsen

No comments:

Post a Comment