Current Mission Address

Elder Dane Edward Eskildsen
Brazil Santa Maria Mission
Caixa Postal 0339

Centro Quarai-RS 97560-000
Brasil

(updated 1/13)

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

October 6, Provo MTC

Ola everyone!
 
I hope all is going well for you in the real world!
As for being in the MTC things are going pretty well. Elder Bryant
Andersen came in this last week and we practically have the same
schedule so I see him quite a bit. As for big news of the week, Elder
Mathieu has departed our presence as of 10:30 this morning to head for
the Sao Paulo CTM, much to the jealousy and reviling of our district.
Yes, it is difficult to see a member of what is practically our family
leave us, but Elder Pole'o and I are excited to finally be able to bask
in the glory of a true companionship. No more of that "triplet" business.
In related and astounding news I have inherited BOTTOM BUNK!
No longer will I be subjected to the altitude and discomfort of
hoisting myself onto my bed each night. Stoked.
 
Well in terms of my district things are going well. We are
continuing to be best friends ever, which is why a certain change was
not simply inevitable, but requisite. Our district is no longer known as
"District 54F" as we here-to-for have been called. We are now known
as "Team Friendship". I decree it, and it has been done. Also our district
found a way to successfully MacGuyver ourselves into any of the locked
residence rooms. However, we will NEVER reveal our secret.
 
I hope that everybody enjoyed conference this past weekend!
Talk about a stacked program! Saturday had some amazing speakers, so
I really hope that you have the opportunity to read or hear them sometime
in the future. You won't regret it! I don't think I've ever been so excited for
conference, and rightly so. I felt like so many of the speakers were talking
directly to me as a missionary. If anyone in this MTC didn't want to
get out and serve, they do now.
 
Well, I filled out my electronic VISA application, so this means that
the prospect of actually getting to Brazil is all the more tangible. Basically
in the next few months I may or may not get to Brazil. We will see what happens.
 
Anyway, we had some very good discussions with our "investigators" this
week. The changes that we have made to our teaching approach are helping
immensely. There is no happier feeling than when an investigator accepts your
message and fulfills commitments that we extend to them. Even if they aren't
real investigators. I simply can't wait to be released into the wild that is the
mission field to start teaching for real!
 
Well, I hope everyone had a great conference weekend and that you are
all doing very well. I wish you all my best!
 
- Elder Eskildsen

No comments:

Post a Comment