Current Mission Address

Elder Dane Edward Eskildsen
Brazil Santa Maria Mission
Caixa Postal 0339

Centro Quarai-RS 97560-000
Brasil

(updated 1/13)

Thursday, December 1, 2011

November 28, 2011

Olá amigos,

I´m still in Brazil and it is awesome. I am typing on a brazilian computer, with a Portuguese keyboard, in a brazilian internet café, getting stared at by Brazilians because  Ilook very out of place. Also this morning during my run I was chased by a pack of mangey  ´´almost on the verge of death´´ Brazilian dogs. Super exotic. There are a lot of great things here that the U.S. is bereft of. Like Guaraná
and delicious fresh breads filled with sketchy  fruit whose name is unknown in English: (Passionfruit) Thats just a taste of whatI am priveleged with here.
         This week has been slow and altogether unfruitful. A lot of our lessons fell through, and
we had a few referalls to people who appear not to exist. We did a lot of walking between houses only to find that no one was home or that they did not want to be bothered by the missionaries. We had a baptism though! I got to baptized Guilherme who is part of a part member family. He is an awesome kid and hasa lot of excitement about the gospel.
        This past week had some pretty hot days and I have found myself in a state of perpetual dampness. Luckily we are moving around a lot, or I would be growing mold. This week to come
is going to be pretty mild though, so that is envigorating.
     I have had good days and bad days this past week in terms of the language. There are people
that I can converse with for hours and not sound like too much of an idiot, and then there are others
whose speech I couldnt decipher without a Urim and Thummim (LDS joke). I´m learning quickly and
people are generally very gracious in thier efforts to assimilate me into Brazilian culture.
  This next week is looking really good, so I´m super stoked! I hope you all have a good week as well.

-Elder Eskildsen

No comments:

Post a Comment